Welcome! Come, take a look see at our life. What's that? You can't see anything. Well, let me just open up these blinds. There is that better? Remember short people in front, tall people in back. Hope you enjoy your glimpse.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Minivan dreaming

I want a minivan, Eric does not. Anytime the subject of a new car comes up we have this discussion. Before Madeline was born we were going to get a minivan. I agreed to a car since there was only 1 child on the way. I love my Ford wagon. I do. Eric's car has over 100K miles on it now. He needs a new one, not immediately, but potentially before the end of the year. I want a minivan, he wants an economical compact. At one point he wanted a Smart Car. I nixed that idea right away. I don't trust those things on the interstate that he has to drive everyday!

Madeline is helping me in my quest for a minivan. The other day Madeline declared she wanted me to drive to church. This meant Eric had to ride shotgun. When we arrived at church he informed me he did not appreciate having to ride shotgun. No, it wasn't because of my driving (I'm a much safer driver then him!). My poor hubby was scrunched in that seat like a sardine. You see, because of the rear facing car seat the passenger seat has to be scooted pretty far forward. It doesn't bother me too much but Eric was pretty much eating his knees.

Duncan is also helping me with my quest. We have a pretty roomy trunk. Enter the stroller. Put that thing in the trunk and all that room just disappears. It's very hard for me to have a stroller and groceries in the trunk at the same time. Also, with him now added to our family no one else can ride in the car with us. Well maybe a very small 8-12 year old could fit in between the 2 car seats as long as they weren't in any sort of car seat appliance.

Vacations. Oh sweet vacations. We prefer to drive to our destinations. With 2 children and a scrunched passenger, this makes for a not so comfortable trip. I dream of the roominess a minivan provides.

I want a minivan!

I think Eric might be coming around to a: used, low mileage, power sliding door, power liftgate, fold in the floor seat, won't break the bank too much minivan.

Stay tuned.

No comments:

Post a Comment