Welcome! Come, take a look see at our life. What's that? You can't see anything. Well, let me just open up these blinds. There is that better? Remember short people in front, tall people in back. Hope you enjoy your glimpse.

Friday, February 4, 2011

A Fresh Start

I love the start of a new year. You get to sort of wipe the slate clean. The responsibilities are still there from the previous years but it doesn't FEEL so cumbersome. You get a chance to gather your thoughts, take a deep breath, and look forward to all of the possibilities that abound. I'm not one to make resolutions but I do like goals. So my goals for this year are:

1. Loose weight. To obtain this I have joined Weight Watchers and am now down 15 pounds. I would love to loose 28 more by our vacation in early June and then 30 more beyond that. I will hopefully look fabulous by the time our annual family Christmas picture rolls around.

2. Spend more time playing with the kids. This one is hard for me. I have a problem telling my brain to forget about the million other things I have to do.

3. Plant bushes on the west side of the house. We've lived here for 6.5 years and still have nothing over there.

4. Eat out less. This will help both the waistline and the pocket book.

5. Get the house in order. This means both organized and decorated. We still have boxes to unpack from our attempted house sale 3 years ago.

6. Get back to daily personal devotions. Last year we got our routine together for family devotion. It's past time I get my own personal devotions started again.

I think those are some pretty ambitious goals. I hope to accomplish/work on all of them throughout this year!

No comments:

Post a Comment